Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Now I'm in LA

And I love this city! Got here a couple of days ago, trying to get the ball rolling for the rest of my life. Sounds kind of scary until you realize you could die tomorrow, so it's not that big of a deal. Puts things into perspective.

Quick blog just because LA is that AWESOME!

Yesterday, I was hanging outside of a casting because my friend had an audition. (By the way, yes I'm that bored that I can just hang out and support a friend.) Anyway, he had driven up all the way from San Diego, so I was waiting for a couple of minutes. There are SO many good-looking model type of people going for this commercial role. Like, the girls were all above 5'10", and all the guys are in full suits. Anyway, I was taking a smoking break outside on the street. I hear a car horn honking, and a guy is leaning out yelling, HEY HEY! in my general direction. I assumed he was talking to me, so I walked towards his car. He looks up at me through his car window, and he asks me "How did you tie your scarf on?" Seriously. No joke. I was thinking to myself, seriously? This guy stopped me in order to ask me how I tied my SCARF. The one I had so nonchalantly draped around my neck because it was cold. Apparently it was a fashion statement. I was the "it" for about ten seconds.

Today was another fiasco. I'm trying to get used to the LA traffic, so I'm driving around, testing different routes through east/ west LA. There's no easy way FYI, just luck. Some days you will just have good luck driving, and on days you need to get somewhere, you will use up all of the extra hour you spent leaving your house early. I'm driving to NoHo to pick up some papers from my agent, and I'm about to take a left onto Sunset from the Northeast corner of the UCLA campus. I notice there are cars that are not moving at all. There are cops posted up in the intersection. I pull up, because it can't take that long. Wrong... I sat there for 20 minutes with an unreasonable hopefulness that I would start moving. A UCLA kid talked to one of the traffic maids to see what was going on. He reported back "That it was just police business." I said loudly, "It better be the damned president of the US if the traffic is held up like this." At this point, the lady in the Merc SUV next to me says "It IS the president." Straight face. I asked "Of the United States of America?" She said yes.

WELL! That was satisfactory. I mean, what the hell, really? What do you say to that? Your condition has been met, the equation is completely rational. Apparently, he visits LA/ Cali periodically to meet with Schwarzenegger. Last year, the same thing happened in Westwood. The lady I was talking to lived up the block and wasn't anticipating being able to go home for another few hours. Luckily, she was not a Republican, and we shot the shit for a little while.

So... if LA is going to be this interesting in the next few weeks, I'm moving somewhere else. New York? IDK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home