Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Do I think I'm white, American, or both?

Yesterday I was on Santa Monica Blvd around 4-5pm, which was a tragedy for me, because anyone that lives in LA knows that SMB eastbound sucks, ALL day.

I realized how crappy it was while I was headed west, so to turn around, I made a left onto a side street to head over to Pico or Olympic. Rather, I TRIED to make a left. I was at a light, and there was this BMW in front of me. Since there's no left turn light, the turn is at the driver's discretion. The idiot just sat there while the oncoming traffic had stopped at a yellow. I could've made that turn. I swear.

Anyway, I was dumbfounded, so I waved a hand at the car in front of me. Just a dismissive gesture, no bird, nothing meant to be insulting. Well, a little insulting. So we finally make the left, the guy makes a 3-point and heads back towards SMB. As I drive past him, he flips ME the bird. MOTHERFLOODBUSTER. I was enraged as I've never been enraged in my life. For serious. I couldn't let it go. I turned around as well and drove after the SOB.

I caught up to him on SMB and pulled up next to him. It was this Asian guy with an Asian girl in the passenger seat. Him and his stupid spiky hair and his stupid Asian girlfriend. I opened my window and let loose a creative burst of expletives. Of course, he's such a shithead he can't even open his window. Why flip me off if you can't follow through? BECAUSE HE CAN'T SPEAK A GODDAMN LICK OF ENGLISH. That made me even more angry. I finished yelling and drove off. I was ready to get out of the car and beat his ass.

Don't ask me why I got so angry, or why I was such a dick yesterday. I have no answer. I think it was a combination of the events that occurred.

It really makes me wonder though. I don't find myself to be a hateful person, but there was just an overwhelming level of anger and bitterness towards the retarded BMW driver. Was it the car, the guy, his stupid girlfriend, or just the cowardice that I find common in people, especially when they're in their cars and they think they can do whatever they want and not be accountable?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home