Sunday, April 13, 2008

Food for thought...

It's been awhile since I've blogged. Since I don't think anybody reads this anyway, I'm not motivated to apologize to anyone except for myself. God gave me a moderate amount of talent that enables me to communicate via written word without completely coming off the page as barely educated. Unfortunately, I don't tend to utilize it very often.

Anyway, it's been a really fast couple of weeks for me. I can barely remember the few times I've checked the clock as the days passed, and those few times seems to have all occurred on the same day. I've barely had to time to absorb anything that has happened, which is tough for me, because I tend to get swept along very easily. My memory is neither the best, nor the most reliable on the best of days, so I kind of hope that I've learned something new every day without overlooking any experience.

So on to the major events. After "quitting" at Chili's after my indignant outburst a few weeks ago, I was a little distraught by my sudden joblessness. At any given point in the past two years, I've had at least one, and sometimes up to three jobs at a time. I decided that I had the liberty to take a few weeks off to reflect on my life, consider my options, and maybe find a better job. My GM, who is freaking awesome, told me that things happen for a reason, and that my situation, although it might seem hopeless at the moment, would turn around for me.

Small comfort for a broke, out-of-work, out-of-a-job actor. I knew I had money coming in for a Heineken ad I did a month ago, and hopefully a decent tax return, so I decided to wait out the financial storm.

Long story short, one because I don't feel like typing THAT much, and two because I have a lousy memory, I got hired to work at BJ's in Westwood, LA. The money is a lot better there, and another bonus is that I actually like the food. I was very relieved to find that, with enough hard work, I would be okay financially within a month. In addition, I went on an audition for a McDonald's commercial that I booked. First of all, it's a SAG project, so since completing it, I am now a SAG eligible, professional actor. Second, it's a national network and cable spot. If I make the editing cuts, I will be paid residuals for a few months, every time that commercial airs across the United States of America.

Talk about good luck, and amazing timing. In retrospect, my GM's words were very true, though with requisites. Things turned around for me, but not without my own hard work and determination. Good luck is the design of diligence.

In addition, God does not put things in your path that you will not be able to overcome. This is something I realized in the past six months, as I've experienced all sorts of interesting personal trials. All kinds of goodies. Fantastic stuff really. Stuff of movies. The drama, the suspense, really it's been kind of a bitch. A great big Clifford sized bitch that stands over me, constantly drooling on my shoulder, and me, I think it's rain, then realize the water stinks of Goddamn Kibbles'n'bits.

But all you could do is your best. I've gone through certain trials in my past in order to prepare me for the future, and in light of this, I pray for wisdom, strength, and courage. Life is my adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home